Childminder Advisory Officer
The role of the advisor is to support all childminders, including those who care for three or fewer preschool children and/or school age children and those who are notified to the HSE. All Childminders are encouraged to notify the Galway City & County Childcare Committee of their service so that they can take advantage of the many supports available, such as:
- Assistance to set up your childminding service
- Ongoing support for established services
- Guidance in record-keeping, writing policies, etc.
- Access to funding through the Childminders’ Development Grant
- Local training
- Mutual support through a local network of childminders
- Assistance in completing the Self-Evaluation, as part of the National Guidelines for Childminders
- Assistance in preparing for annual HSE inspections
- Information regarding the Childcare Services Relief (tax exemption for Childminders)
- Parent Referral Service
- Receiving the quarterly ‘Childminders’ News’
- Text update service for meetings, training, etc.
Contact Colette Coughlan, Childminder Advisory Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org