All Ireland Art Competition - "Imagining the Ireland of 2116
Ireland 2016 All-Island Art competition
“Imagining the Ireland of 2116”
• This is a partnership project between the DES, DENI, the National Gallery of Ireland and the Education Centre Network
• The Competition invites early years settings, primary and post-primary schools across the island to create a picture based on Imagining the Ireland of 2116
• The Competition and prize money is confined to pre-schools primary schools and post primary schools entering through their nominated Education Centre.
• Entries will fall into one of the following categories:
b) Primary-Infants to second class
c) Primary- 3rd to 6 class
d) Post-Primary 1st Year to 3rd Year
e) Port-Primary 4th Year to 6th Year
• Schools are restricted to no more than 3 entries for each section above.
• Entries must be on A3 size only.
• An electronic image of all entries must be submitted to Galway Education Centre by 4pm on Wednesday 16th December 2015 (see details below). The email should also provide the early years setting / school name or roll number, address and phone number, the name of the person who drew / painted the picture, their age and a title for the artwork.
• Please note that the hard copies of all entries should be retained in the school until after the selection of the regional winners in February 2016. All national finalists must supply the original A3 copy of their work which will be professionally displayed in the National Gallery of Ireland in Autumn 2016.
• An all-island judging panel will meet to decide on an overall winner, and on pre-school, primary and post-primary winners (four in all)
• The decision of the Chairperson of the Judging Panel is final and no correspondence will be entered into regarding that decision.
• All entries together with the pupils’s details (name, age, school or town) may be used in press releases/ publicity campaigns after this year’s competition, and for future competitions. Photographs of the winners together with their names and ages may be used in publicity campaigns where the parents or guardians of the winners have given their consent.
The competition will be judged using the following criteria:
• Communication of a clear message which is clearly linked to the theme
• Imagination and personal response to the theme
• Creativity and thought of the piece
• Evidence of artistic technical abilities and skills
• Creative/competent use of media
Each Education Centre will select 5 winners and these 5 winners will be entered into a regional final where 4 overall winners will be selected. Each of the regional winners will have their work professionally displayed in the National Gallery of Ireland.
The following prizes will be awarded
• Education Centre winners will receive €75 each
• Regional winners will have their work framed in the National Gallery of Ireland
• National pre-school/primary and post-primary winners will receive €200 each
• The overall national winner will receive €400
• The rules of the Competition may not be changed or modified.
Closing Date: 4pm on Wednesday 16th December 2015
Galway Education Centre, Cluain Mhuire, Wellpark, Galway
T: (091) 745 600 F: (091) 745 618